1. NO TELEVISION
This a usual for me. However, I usually give myself permission to watch one show each week. Either last Ramadan or the one before it, I watched The Apprentice each week. This time it might be House, but I am going to try my best to avoid watching it and read the episode summary online instead.
2. NO MUSIC
This one is always a toughie for me. Last Ramadan I went three weeks without music. InshaAllah this year I will be able to go for the entire month. Instead of music, I will please my ears with nasheeds by Dawud Wharnsby Ali, Sami Yusuf and Raihan. I still need to check out Sound of Reason, which I might do this month.
3. LEARN... STUFF. BY... READING
I felt obligated to add a third goal, and so I add learn stuff by reading. What stuff? Islamic stuff? School stuff? I am not so sure myself. And reading = less computer, which is always a good thing. I guess I'm not doing a great job with this goal already. I think I might need to pay a visit to the local bibliothèque!
Ramadan Mubarak to all, whether you started on Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Why is there contemplation between three days this year? Because us Muzzies like to be complicated like that.
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your goals are quite impressive mashallah. Lame goals would be to fast all 30 days, be nice to people, etc.. I like the extra initiative you have taken.
Dude I had an issue with music...but ntoday was totaly DWA and Sami yusuf day! Its best to listen to them right before you have to pray too cause its get you all WEEEE lol.
And hey! no goal is lame! ownded other commenter!
I LOVE YOUSRA.
ok i'm done i swear.
Post a Comment