Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Summer Woes

I could probably write an essay on the woes of summer but I'll spare you from reading something of the sort, and myself from writing such a hideous piece of work. I shall introduce the three woes of my summer experience thus far, 1. Weddings, 2. Chores, and 3. Summer school.

Weddings are happy-time. However, an excess amount of weddings and/or wedding-related events can grow tiresome quickly. I am also not a big fan of dolki parties, sitting cross-legged on the floor for a long period of time and singing songs to which I am ignorant to the words or their meanings is not a pleasurable experience. However, I must mention that weddings are good, when they consist of good company and food. See, I am not a complete pessimist. :)

On that late June day when I finished school (can you tell I can’t remember the date?), it was a happy day. I frolicked around the house happily, for the completion of exams and exciting summer plans. A couple of hours minutes later, a long list of chores were given to me to complete. Now, how does one avoid washing dishes or mopping the floor on a cool summer day?

You go to summer school. Yes, a month filled with learning one particular subject. I chose to take English. I thought to myself, read one novel, read one silly Shakespeare play, write a few essays and bam! Summer school complete. Though I was most wrong, I have written four essays in these past two weeks (not a substantial amount, but the most I have ever written in the given amount of time), read a Greek tragedy, read Hamlet for the third time (grade eight and eleven, if you do not believe me), and am currently reading a very boring novel entitled Fifth Business.

So you say to me, if you hate weddings, don't go to them. If you don't like doing chores, tell your brother to do them. If you don't like summer school, then don't go! These are simple questions with complex answers, those of which I choose not to respond to. Therefore, I must end this entry at this point, for I have just been told to take out the garbage. I wish you all a woeful fantastic summer.

6 comments:

beans. said...

You smell vile.
But alas, I like you anyway.


You are my love sewage.
And don't waste your summer. eat cheese.

okthxbye.

Anonymous said...

it sounds like somebody is enterting the desi housewife training school =P

Anonymous said...

ha ha...ha i think we have one more dholki party comin up...then wedding. Then i think thats the last one :D

Ozair said...

Summer woes, Friday is bad day, The Apprentice ... what do all of these phrases have in common? They are the titles of your entries in which you complain and vent. Must all your entries be negative, you have such cool brothers, both real and Muslim and sisters too, just Muslim, that you can say good things about.

I hope I have motivated some positiveness for your next entry.

Anonymous said...

BRUP BRUP you go Ozair!

Anonymous said...

sorry...but gotta brush the teeth

Blog Archive

Blogroll | The Blog About Nothing | I, the Other | Metaleks | mslm.to | Musings of Intellect | Squibby Sqribbles |