The World Cup brings together people from different backgrounds and different countries. It is most neat to see all the different flags on cars because it displays Canada's unique multiculturalism, which I am most proud to be a part of.
Today was one of the first games I watched in its entirety, Netherlands vs. Portugal. My picks from the beginning of the World Cup were Germany and the Netherlands. Well, you know, team orange lost today so that was most upsetting.
BUT WHAT WAS MORE UPSETTING was the poor sportsmanship shown throughout the second half of the game. Seems like once that first yellow card popped out (by the Russian referee, discreetly mentioned by the British commentators,) the game took a new turn. Yellow card this, red card that. The referees were on fi’ya!
The most upsetting part of the game was when Deco got a red card. WORST CALL EVER. Though I was routing for the Netherlands, Deco sooo didn’t deserve the red card. He was hurt and it hurt me too. =(
Despite the unfortunate efforts of both teams, watching the game has "shined a light" so to say, and made me realize the brilliance of the Portugal team. Therefore, I now say, go Portugal! Deco is the man!
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Portugal is hot. but not mr. homo :(
AND MY TEAM LOST EARLY AND I STIL HAVE NO OTHER TEAM! GIVE ME ONE YOUSRASAURUS!!!!! RAWRARESDFDS!!Sdf.
98 degrees is cool, ok?
Haha, yes, Mr. Homo is most oogly. Pick Portugal!!!
No, 98 degrees is warm, WARM!!!
Come on England :)
oh NOOOOO. Not the team its the worst team to pick especially the town that you live in. Its run my portufobs esepcially zellers. MAn i still remmeber that first game they won downtown was packed and i couldnt even go home from work. Boo-rns go SPAIN or ENGLAND! Oh wait cant forget GHANA BRUAHHH!
Nick Lachey is hot.
Indeed that was an interesting game to watch. Although, it was me who converted you to Portugal due to the brilliance of Deco, which I know you only like because of his name. So, you should now call yourself Yousreco.
Atleast the next game we watch, I will have someone to celebrate with when someone scores. We shall chant 'ole, ole, ole'
Post a Comment