Thursday, December 22, 2005

Never Trust the Caf' Ladies!

This may seem strange to say, but the cafeteria food offered at my school is actually pretty good. They've got these addictive and oily cafeteria fries and yummy and chewy chocolate chip cookies. Unfortunately, the previous sentence does not do any justice to the food.

Anyhoo, that's besides the point. I bought three cookies from the cafeteria today. I showed her the cookies in my hand and she entered in the price, "$1.10", she said. I gave her my toonie and she gave me the change and a napkin. "90 cents", she said. I grabbed the change, stuck it in my pocket and left.

Our school has buyouts, which means that if you pay a certain amount of money, you will get out of period 5 and the money collected is donated to charity. I planned on donating my change. When I got to 5th period, I asked my friend if she had a dime, to make it an even dollar... and she did! She gave me her dime and I started to count my change. I finished counting and realized that the caf' lady didn't give me my full change!

It was a very sad day, today, that is, when the caf' lady failed to give me 10 cents. I donated my 90 cents and it was accepted by my teacher. Our class needed to collect 30 dollars in total but we only collected around 20. Our teacher decided to pitch in the difference, but was not happy about it.

All in all, things I have learned from today's experience.
1. Always count your change.
2. Good friends will never seize to amaze me.
3. Donate to the needy, every penny counts!

5 comments:

Ozair said...

Could it be that you just counted your change incorrectly and blameed the caf lady instead ... tsk tsk.

Anonymous said...

yo man i loved highschool greasy fries too but then they changed over the years :(. I never knew they still did it

Anonymous said...

loser.
mwauahaaha.
i agree with this ozair guy, STOP BLAMING THE CAF LADY FOR ALL YOUR PROBLEMS, OH I DIDNT GET MY CHANGE OHH I FORGOT TO WASH MY UNDERWEAR SO I SMELL LIKE A POO

-beans.

Anonymous said...

LOSER BEANS. YOu dont address Ozair like that :@

Anonymous said...

i'll eat your face SAQIB
and yousra you hear about that thing where you update? yeah.
beans.

Blog Archive

Blogroll | The Blog About Nothing | I, the Other | Metaleks | mslm.to | Musings of Intellect | Squibby Sqribbles |