Sunday, December 4, 2005

Family Bonding

When procrastinating from homework, I usually run to the computer or kill some time watching TV. Interestingly enough, a few hours ago, the entire family was in the same room engaging in FAMILY BONDING. The concept of bonding with my family is quite peculiar... I must say.

My mom was able to remember a story about my brother when he was in pre-K-grade 1-ish. He was the quiet kid who never talked and his teacher made him become friends with some kid named Kenny and he still didn't talk. Eventually, my eldest brother came to the rescue and started up a conversation with him and he babbled on about stuff. The end.

When the story ended...

Me: MOM I WANNA HEAR A STORY ABOUT ME NOW.
Dad: Yeah, yeah, tell her a story.
Mom: ...
Me: MOMMMM
Mom: ...
Me: Ugh, I was such a boring kid.

This is true. Although my stories didn't take a long time to tell, they did reveal some interesting characteristics about myself, which still do apply to me today. For example, there was a time when my mom was in the kitchen, and didn't hear a peep out of me. She went to my room and I wasn't there. GASP. The entire family then went on the lookout for me and eventually, I was found sleeping in my brother's closet.

It happened again, only this time I ended up in the corner of a room next to the window. I'm still pretty quiet when I'm home, studying, typing, reading, whaaatever.

Another story was the time my mom was ironing. She left me for a few minutes and sternly told me, "I am leaving the iron on. DON'T TOUCH IT." My mom leaves. I take the palm of my hand and put it on the iron. SubhanAllah, I still have my right hand on my arm. Oddly enough, today I was making myself a bagel and I got burnt by the toaster oven on my hand, the same hand I touched the iron with when I was a child.

Bonding with your family is nice, I suggest taking some time out of our busy lives to kick back with the family. Who knows, you might learn a bit about yourself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHO SLEEPS IN THEIR BROTHERS' CLOSET?
freak.


yeah i know what you mean though, usually that happens to us when we get a blackout or are in the car, or my dad just wants us to get to knowht family history..its fun. it just sucks we dont do it too often, but then if you do it often ,wouldn't it take away from family bonding? becaues your so used to it it woudlnt mean as much, HUH MAMA?! HUH?!

von karman said...

hahaha awwww, yes your child-stories totally sound like you. the quiet rebel. :D i think i was a talkative child. talked too much. talked stupid stuff. talked with aunties. when i grew up, i realized it was better to stay quiet so people can't quote you.

Ozair said...

That family of your sounds so awesome and cool.

But seriously, you were a wild child. I remember once you ate my brand-new hockey cards, and those cards could have been more worth millions! well, they are probably worth $10 now. But, still, don't be messin with a brutha's hockey cards ... nooot eveeen.

Anonymous said...

LOL. Hey Yousra so you want stories eh...muhahahaha

Faray said...

YOU are so absolutely ADORABLE!!!I wish I had a little sister like you.. I remember once I copied my mom's signature on an Urdu test, actualy it was three Urdu tests, I had failed miserably in all of them .. lol, but Asad bhai my middle older brother (always the one who snitched) convinced me into showing my mum the tests, However I did manage to hide the false signatures with white-out.URDU TESTS OH MY GOD!!!! I still remember Ammy's Gasps of Horror...lol..Yousra, I know you will not do this as you are a good girl and that you are a dedicated student devoted towards learning and would NEVER resort to such immoral behavior as myself hehe (6)..:D lol..I can tell you today I proctored a three hour exam, so :D I have left my URDU test habits far behind, and am a staunch advocate of moral values in today's society ..
And that is lol :D:X

Blog Archive

Blogroll | The Blog About Nothing | I, the Other | Metaleks | mslm.to | Musings of Intellect | Squibby Sqribbles |