Friday, May 8, 2009

The Stubborn Searcher


So the other day I was at my university's bookstore buying a book for one of the courses that I'm taking in the summer. Now I don't know about you, but for some reason I would rather spends hours upon hours looking for the book, or any item in a store, by myself, rather than asking someone to help me out with it. This book in particular was something that I wanted to find on my own because the title of the book was, How to Read a Book. I feared the conversation that would go down if I had to ask someone where this book was.

So I'm aimlessly walking around the bookstore for a while now, and a man approaches me and asks, "Are you looking for something?"

Me: Yeah, I'm looking for a book for my professional writing course...
Man: What's it called?
Me: Umm... it's for my class... WRI324. Or 352. I can't remember which one.
Man: Do you know the title of the book?
Me: Umm... How to Read a Book? Or something...
Man: Oh...

So the guy walks up to this shelf and finds the book for me.

Man: Are you sure this is the book?
Me: -_- Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

Now the dude is looking up the course code on the computer.

Man: This book is for WRI352.
Me: Yeah, yeah, this is the one. I couldn't remember the course code but I know this is the right book.
Man: Okay... *insert the look you give stupid people here*

And this is why I'd rather spend hours finding the book myself rather than speaking to people. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha....funny post..

I love the picture you posted. The store looks so nice and I would spend hours there if I could.
I want to see Robarts in downtown.
Spend hours in that library for me during the summer =P

Blog Archive

Blogroll | The Blog About Nothing | I, the Other | Metaleks | mslm.to | Musings of Intellect | Squibby Sqribbles |